giovedì 16 aprile 2009

Sunday morning

To Elizabeth Naucler

When the light trickles through the cracked
panel of my study room door and
the hooves run like mad
for betting black with blood
at 5.00 a.m.
I know it’s Sunday morning once again.
Ferries come and go on the Strait
and the lights are on
like drifting dots before my eyes
upon the printed pages:
a letter from the Alands.
So I wonder if solid roots along
the chamal wind can travel
North to bring to Volholl
broom, mimosa, bouganvillae
jasmine, capers, almonds,
medlars, kiwis, oranges
and obsidians fine with love.

28-06-1992


Elizabeth Naucler came to Messina as governor of the Aland island to attend INSULA 2000 an International Conference held at the University of Messina and of which I was Scientific Secretary

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento